cement board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure this is the right board, but here goes.

Does anyone know how to fit/fix cement board to internal masonry to fit in and around existing 12.5mm plaster board?

The reason i ask is that i want to replace the gypsum board around my solid fuel stove in my lounge. (have just had the chimney wall plastered but have been told to replace it due to the heat being about 50oC from the stove)

can i buy a non gypsum wall adhesive, i have dotted and dabbed the existing plasterboad around it with dry wall adhesive. So dotting and dabbing the cement board would be ideal if possible.

Also can cement board be skimmed with fireproof plaster relativly easily and will it look ok joining upto normal wall boards?

Finally is it just a case of skrim, skim and decorating it once installed?

Thanks in advance guys.

Sponsored Links
Bump.....

can anyone offer any advice please? I'm really stuck at the moment, because i had my first fires in the stove over the weekend and the wall got way hotter than the gypsum limit at 49oC.

thanks in advance.

guy84; why are you bumping this to the plastering forum :?: I'm also a plasterer, do you not trust the advice I’ve been trying to give you for the last week or more or are you just looking for an answer that suits you :?:

I've put a fair bit of time into advising you so far but it seems you don't trust the advice I've already given you so I’ll stop posting now & leave it to someone else. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Delete - information already more than provided for this problem

sorry guys all sorted now, and thanks richard, i really appreciate your advice.

I'm relativly new to DIY so im just trying to gain as much information as i can and keep my options open with regard to rendering or cement boarding.

Hopefully i can offer others advice one day when i have learnt some new stuff.

As far as I have witnessed, Richard C appears to be a leading authority on plaster and plastering products around fires, I would suggest his advice is very sound.

Good luck with the job, some pics posted would be nice to see to show how it went :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back