Cement /sand render scratch coat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening ,
Hopefully someone can advise me on this … I’ve got a block pilar supporting a tiled canopy at the external front of the house, it’s not got any finish on it as of yet however I’ll be opining some insulated tile backer board on it before I tile it however und like to pop some sand and cement render ( scratch coat) on it first just to get it levelled out and fully square .

As it’s going under tile backer which will have tile adhesive and screwed on will it be ok to apply the scratch coat without sbr?

Scratch coat will just be sharp sand and cement .

Thanks
Jake

Sponsored Links
Evening ,
Hopefully someone can advise me on this … I’ve got a block pilar supporting a tiled canopy at the external front of the house, it’s not got any finish on it as of yet however I’ll be opining some insulated tile backer board on it before I tile it however und like to pop some sand and cement render ( scratch coat) on it first just to get it levelled out and fully square .

As it’s going under tile backer which will have tile adhesive and screwed on will it be ok to apply the scratch coat without sbr?

Scratch coat will just be sharp sand and cement .

Thanks
Jake
Don't render it, bonkers really. Any indiscretions can be rectified with some carefully placed blobs of polymer adhesive. Your cement board cut accurately will square it. Or just render it square and tile straight to the render. Doing both doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
Thanks noseall your right I think I was just over thinking it
Merry xmas
Jake

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back