Cementing in new toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I removed a toilet yesterday from a ground floor bathroom, it was abit of a job getting it out as it was cemented into place. I've noticed a few times now that toilets have been cemented onto the floor. Was this the norm a few years back? and is this still done today? Would you guys recommend it as opposed to screwing it down?

Sponsored Links
It was not un-common for , wc's to be cemented down , years ago , still go's on ? of course the problem arises if u have to take the pan out ?

Solid floors , tiled wooden floors or were , youmight be wary of sinking a screw in the floor I would mastic them down done it loads of time !
Some say u should not do it on floating floors ? I have done it ! So there u go ! also have used expanding foam !

Count yourself lucky it wasn't an African WC; sometimes they cement them in up to half their height!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back