Cementing the roof....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Firstly let me explain myself, I don't claim to be any kind of roofer, so please forgive me if I am using the wrong terminology! :oops:

So, here's my issue. I have recently noticed dampness on the ceiling / walls of the upstairs rooms on one side of the house. Looking inthe loft the Gable end wall (Sandstone) is very damp and soft in places.

Looking on the roof, I noticed that where the gable end meets the slate roof, cement has been used to seal the gap. However, This cement is cracked and loose in places. So my plan is to remove and replace it. I think I am right in saying that nowadays this would be Lead Flashed. However due to the cost and the fact I intend to sell in the next couple of years I think this is more viable.

So my question is, what kind of cement should use? Can you give me any advice before I start this little project?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back