cental heating stays on hot water ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have changed actuator(head) but not the t joint do you call it zone valve body? but still have ch on even when turned off any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you posted your problem on here before ?

if so include a link to the earlier thread.

what type of zone valve....2 port or 3 port, make and model,

how many valves on your system :?:

Is there a frost stat, it might be malfunctioning. :?:

is the boiler firing up, are the radiators getting hot.

does the boiler have an over-run, it might be mal-functioning :?:

brumylad said:
Have you posted your problem on here before ?

if so include a link to the earlier thread.

what type of zone valve....2 port or 3 port, make and model,

how many valves on your system :?:

Is there a frost stat, it might be malfunctioning. :?:

is the boiler firing up, are the radiators getting hot.

does the boiler have an over-run, it might be mal-functioning :?:

thanks for your reply,yes its the same problem i was advised to change head and see wether that would sort it out i took out the old one(potterton msv322) this was connected to body with three pipes,on side of head it says dhw port b and ch port a ,this is only valve.
i replaced head with model no mpe222 myson then turned power on and boiler the indicator light on head was on and when turning boiler off light went out assuming power on and off through head how ever this made no difference to wether the ch switched off it stayed on the only way i could stop myself melting was to turned boiler off at the switch to prog as it would not shut down.
when i tried to turn all on again,i turned on switch for prog the boiler fired up without me turning it on at prog,the light on newly fitted zone valve was not on and i sill have the same prob.
i know i'm a bit out of my depth bit any suggestions before i call someone into fix the prob as it gets warmer now don't laugh
kind regards

Sponsored Links
I think you will need to double check, if you are using the correct replacement actuator head. If the valve has 3 pipes then it is a 3 port mid position valve and myson replacement is a number 322. How do I know ?. Cause I recently bought one ( £38). The head with a number 222 is for a 2 port valve (zone valve 2 pipes). You mention CH port A and HW port B.I can't help but think you may have the wrong actuator head.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back