Center EHE0200154 Room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello there. just had a new combi boiler with the above room thermostat. all is good except for some reason even tho the thermostat is set to turn off and on at specific times, it doesnt seem to be doing. you can set the temperature and the on off time on this thermostat but it just keeps on running. i have to turn it off manually at night or i will melt. My plumber is a good guy and will sort it, but hes not used this thermostat before and we just can understand why it wont go off. any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply My problem is I can set it to come on at say 6.45am at 20 degrees but I don't know how to set it to stop at 9am and then to come on again at 4pm at 20 degrees until 9pm and then stop off until next morning at 6.45am. There are 4 programmes I assumed that it was program 1 to start program 2 to stop and the same for the next two programmes. However like susyshoes it doesn't turn off.

Sponsored Links
This type of thermostat does not have ON and OFF settings. Instead it has HIGH and LOW temperature settings.

So if you want the heating on in the morning and evening you would set:

Period 1: 6.30am - 21C
Period 2: 9am - 10C
Period 3: 5.30pm -21c
Period 4: 11pm 10C

The house would then be at 21C between 6.30am and 9am, and between 5.30pm and 11pm.

The rest of the time the boiler would be off, unless the temperature in the house dropped below 10C.

The times and temperatures are, of course, just examples.

You can set the OFF temperature to whatever you like, but don't set it too low as you then have no protection if it gets very cold. A minimum of 5C is suggested.

thank you for this. we did discover that this was what we needed to do and it has been fine since, although it still took a couple of days even after programming it correctly before it all started working properly. its as if it needed 'bedding in'. All is fine now thank you, although it would be good to know how to 'extend' the period . for instance if you want it on earlier than normal. do i just increase the temp and it comes on? not actually tried that yet!!

It would be good to know how to 'extend' the period . for instance if you want it on earlier than normal. Do I just increase the temp and it comes on?
Yes, it's that simple. You can change the temperature, up or down. It will stay at the new temperature until you change it again or the next programmed change is reached.

Many thanks for your explanation about how to programme it. I did it yesterday and it worked fine. However this morning the house was a bit cold so I put it in manual and attempted to increased the temp setting from the 13degrees as soon as I pressed up 87.0 started to flash should have been 13.5 degrees I then pressed the down button and the same 87.0 started to flash after a short while the original 13 degrees came back . Any idea what is wrong
Many thanks M Nesom

However this morning the house was a bit cold so I put it in manual and attempted to increased the temp setting from the 13degrees
Presumably you had set the temperature to a higher figure but it hadn't yet reached it. If so, you needed to turn the boiler on earlier to bring it up to temperature.

You don't need to put it on Manual to override the current temperature - see the User Instructions in the earlier link.

No idea about the 87. It's not listed as an error code in the Installation manual. You could phone Wolseley on 0870 8506538. It's not made by them just got their brand on it, but they should be able to tell you who to contact.

Thanks again for your reply I did in fact phone up Wolsey and they phoned me back and went through it all on the phone. I had to go into the installation menu( scary for me) but the engineer on the phone was ever so helpful and got it going again same as you he had no idea what the 87 was. The end result is a warm house again thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back