Central block pillar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m building a garage the main side that you can see is brick but the back gable is gonna be rendered blocks . Due to this in order to keep the front looking good the bricks are being knitted into the blocks around the corner on the gable end . I’m sure you understand what I mean.

It’s a single skin gable so I’m going to build a internal central block pier for strength due to the height and because the ridge beam is going to be resting on it.

The problem is the gable wall is 3477.5 wide which doesn’t work with blocks as the pier will not sit central between two blocks so they knit together properly like how they should with a properly constructed block pier.

What is the best way forward .

Sponsored Links
If you saw the size of my angle grinder you wouldn’t be saying that: :)

It’s like using a Dremel.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yeah your both probably right . It’s just that I dislike block walls with silly little cuts and hoping there was another way around it ,Even though in the back of my head I think I knew that was what I probably needed to do .

Just gotta work out the best lay it out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back