Central Heating Bang when it Switches Off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was hoping someone could help or offer any suggestions:

Setup
I have a megaflow and a gas boiler with 3 X 2 port motorised valves in the loft along with the megaflow.

1 valve is for the underfloor heating which is fine, the second is for the hot water which is fine but I have a problem with the central heating.
Issue
When the central heating is only on and it switches off there is a loud bang in the loft. I assumed it was the motorised valve but I when I checked it doesn't appear to be the motorised value making the bang sound.

However if the central heating is on with either the water or underfloor heating and the central heating stops it doesn't make a banging sound and everything is ok?

Any ideas as to why when only the central heating is on and shuts it would make a loud sound in the loft.

The boiler is in the kitchen and is fine the noise is definitely in the loft but I can't seem to locate it?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I've checked and its the right way.

The problem only started a few weeks ago it was fine before

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back