Central Heating Boiler No Longer Work During Servicing

these days, can't even ask any questions and not be judged !!

Returning to your original 3 questions, I'd answer as follows.

1) It's possible the engineer is either missing something or has caused the fault. Then again he may not, how can anyone tell from behind a PC screen?

2) Only you can answer whether or not to get someone else involved. If 1st chap won't reply you've little option.

3) How do expect anyone to diagnose without a visit? Contrary to what some people believe, we don't just go round resetting on/off switches for a living and there is actually a skill to what we do. Diagnosing remotely requires a competent person at both ends of the communication.

The only area I'll judge you on is the bit where you say you can't afford etc etc. At over 60, you should be wise enough to expect the unexpected. Failing to plan your life's finances accordingly means having to be prepared to go without.

Harsh but true!

Sponsored Links
these days, can't even ask any questions and not be judged !!

The only area I'll judge you on is the bit where you say you can't afford etc etc. At over 60, you should be wise enough to expect the unexpected. Failing to plan your life's finances accordingly means having to be prepared to go without.

So you blame those who unfortunately fell on hard times for one reason or another outside their control, and those who in the end have to resort to food bank ?

OK, no use to waste time and energy on this. You have your own view point and I have mine. Thanks for your replies, suggestions and comments which are greatly appreciated.

Howsoever caused, your plight is not my fault. No amount of whinging over the internet about your lack of funds will get your heating working. We are not agony aunts, just here to offer practical tips.

It seems you've been unprofessionally treated by someone who operates in the same trade as people on this forum, but the idea of any other connection ends there.

Howsoever caused, your plight is not my fault. No amount of whinging over the internet about your lack of funds will get your heating working. We are not agony aunts, just here to offer practical tips.

It seems you've been unprofessionally treated by someone who operates in the same trade as people on this forum, but the idea of any other connection ends there.

Was I whining when I just replied to a suggestion that I ought to look into getting a new boiler and my reply as to why I could not afford it ? What should I say in that reply then ? Apart from this reply, I've not mentioned any where else about my situation except that there is a special offer for the spare part I think I need and that I would like to take advantage of this offer if this is the replacement part I should get. Is that whinging ? And as you said, we're here looking for practical tips. So why was i judged and now being accused of whining ?

Sponsored Links
Was I whining when I just replied to a suggestion that I ought to look into getting a new boiler and my reply as to why I could not afford it ? ?

We don't need to know why you can't afford one. It's common for OP's to play the 'can't afford' sympathy card, hence my reply.

If you read, there's no blame about your finances, just that you'll have to be prepared to go without the things you can't afford if you haven't planned for them, you are no doubt aware of that. Unless, of course, you've never had any money pass through your hands in your life.

Was I whining when I just replied to a suggestion that I ought to look into getting a new boiler and my reply as to why I could not afford it ? ?

We don't need to know why you can't afford one. It's common for OP's to play the 'can't afford' sympathy card, hence my reply.

If you read, there's no blame about your finances, just that you'll have to be prepared to go without the things you can't afford if you haven't planned for them, you are no doubt aware of that. Unless, of course, you've never had any money pass through your hands in your life.

Then how should I reply to the suggestion that I ought to get a new boiler ? And what good is it for a OP to play the "can't afford sympathy card" ? For what purpose ? If you read my initial post, I only wanted answers or suggestions to 3 points as stated and all along in all my replies, the question has always been - is the faulty part as pointed out by my first engineer the correct one. That is all. So how does the "can't afford sympathy card comes in" ? Has the principle "innocent till proven guilty changed and I somehow didn't know about it ?

I had read, so what does this statement says ?
The only area I'll judge you on is the bit where you say you can't afford etc etc. At over 60, you should be wise enough to expect the unexpected.

I was under the impression that when people come here to post a problem and ask for help, tips, suggestions, opinion, etc, the people who reply to them are all done in good faith. Looks like I am wrong on this forum with a few exceptions of a few the replies I received. In one afternoon, there have been an implication that I have not been too nice to the heating technician to being playing the sympathy card and what not! Wow what a eventful afternoon. I shall remember to tell my friends that next time if they want a good laugh, to post a topic here ! Enough said ! I have better things to do and lets just agree to disagree on our points of view.

It's fathers day hopefully you got a nice present. :cool: I did....DIY on how to fix boilers.

OP- I answered your 3 questions. You then complained about being 'judged' by others, to which I commented on the only part of your story that I resented.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back