central heating boiler removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace my CH boiler as its leaking water through the jacket. To save money I would like to remove it myself and then get a tradesman to install a replacement. There is a valve to turn off oil supply and electrics are obvious, but there doesn't appear to be a valve/s to turn off water supply, or a drain valve. It is a Danesmor 15/19 (non combi). Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
There should be a stopcock/valve on the inlet to the feed and expansion cistern. Turn it off and drain down the central heating. Doubt you'll save much, if anything.

As Denso says, doing it yourself is unlikely to save anything. You'll get charged a full day, or two full days, regardless of whether you've done that or not. It's only an hour's work, your installer isn't going to knock an hour off the bill for you

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies. I was thinking it would save me having to drain the whole system, and get the leaking boiler out. I'll leave it to the 'pros' !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back