Central Heating Boom !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas on what could be the problem? Whenever my boiler fires up, there is a boom and then it seems to cut out, however, I still have hot water and the radiators are still warm.

Sponsored Links
well its working so be grateful for that :LOL:

When was it last serviced? Sounds like it needs checking out, the insulation has a habit of going for a walk.

Sponsored Links
Got a bit concerned earlier so switched it off as it was smelling a bit and could of swore there was smoke. Serviced about a year ago now.

I have switched if off due to being a bit unsure of it. When I switched it off earlier it was reading 1.

A drip, smoke and a smell. Its not sounding good tbh. Could well be the insulation pads fell out. Paul Barker is the man to tell you about this. I suggest getting someone out pronto. Ideally someone familiar with the appliance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back