central heating but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help i have just moved into a brand new house, i have a unvented water and heating system the tank is a santon indirect unvented tank with 2no 2-port valves,since moving in i have been unable to get any hot water unless the central heating is on a nd calling for heat, whenever i boost the water it brings the power to the soiler but thats it it doesnt run or heat anything up, being an electrician i tested all connections and evrything is going fine. can anyone shed some light on the situation please..

Sponsored Links
Check to see if there is 230V from the orange wire on the dhw zone valve.

Call the plumbers back in, if they are on site still they will probably pop in asap.

hi thanks for the replys yes there is power on the orange wire it just seems like when the hot water vavle open there is no water going through but i have noticed that when the heating comes on the return pipe going into the tank heats up right away but the flow that the valve is fitted doesnt and i was wandering if it was possible the 2 could be reversed

Sponsored Links
Anything is possible on new build where they are working to a price rather than doing it right!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back