Central heating chemicals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Is there a huge difference in quality between Screwfix's no-nonsense central heating cleaners and inhibitors and branded varients such as Fernox? Our house has 13 radiators so not sure whether I would need to buy 2 of each (cleaner and inhibitor).

Sponsored Links
I would always recomend using the brand leaders!

You only buy once in three years so get the best.

Why do you think its cheap?

Washing powder you buy every week is another matter.

Tony

I only ever use Sentinel or Fernox.

Cheaper makes are cheaper for a reason, not just to be kind to your pocket.

A bit like the Dulux paint you buy at a shed will not be as good or the same paint that you would get from a Dulux trade outlet centre.

Sponsored Links
A bit like the Dulux paint you buy at a shed will not be as good or the same paint that you would get from a Dulux trade outlet centre.

Are you totally sure of that Dave?

Of all the products I would never have thought that Dulux would ever supply lesser quality under their name.

Tony

As told by a 'Dulux' rep a few years back. They even offered a trip to the factory to see the differents 'vats' that each paint was made in at the time, but I declined.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back