central heating choices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I recently raised the issue of replacing my ten year old Boulter 50/70 classic oil fired boiler and was told that I could expect annual savings of around 10-15%.

The boiler has been serviced every year and I am wondering if looking at the central heating in sections would make more economic sense. My questions are:

Radiators: Some are showing signs of rusting.Are there more efficient makes that would allow a rolling change out as and when I decorate etc.(I have purchased a magnaclean to fit to the system)

Zoning: I have a dwarf wall conservatory that has a radiator installed.This room can be cool first thing in the morning and I would like to zone the central heating of the house to allow this area to be heated with the minimum of disruption. Honeywell offer the HR80 as a solution. Would anyone have any suggestions/recommendations or experience.

Control: I have the Honeywell CM927 controlling the central heating.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back