central heating comes on in middle of the night

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. I have a potterton performance 24 eco he combination boiler controlled by a sunvic tlk6501 thermostat. It would be much appreciated if someone could explain why the central heating comes on in the middle of the night even though the thermostat is set to off between 11pm and 6am. The instructions for the sunvic are ambiguous to say the least. Thanks in anticipation

Sponsored Links
sunvic tlx5601 ? make sure that plug 2 on the back of the stat is in place, if you remove it the minimum temp will be 16 degrees before the heating switches back on again.

Sponsored Links
user manual says TLX6501. during normal hrs, 0600 to 2300 thrmostat operates correctly. could the problem be with the comfortable/economic mode whatever that is?

Many modern devices toggle between a comfort temperature and a setback temp.

Check your setback temp setting - it may be too high.

Some thermostats have a night and day setting (not an actual off). So if the night temperature is not set low enough, the thermostat will switch on. The idea is to have some heating at night for vunerable people. maybe the night temp has been altered since last year ?

There is no reference to night or day settings, just comfortable with a sun icon and economic with a moon icon. Your last suggestion reference night temperature (moon icon) seems logical, just checking what it is set at.
just checked and moon icon is set at 18.5. seems high to me. what would the recommended temp for night time be.

Many thanks to everyone who has posted a suggestion. This is the first time that I have used this type of forum and I am amazed tt the response. Once again many thanks and I will let you know the outcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back