Central heating does not turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an ongoing problem with my central heating system.

I cannot switch my central heating off without going out to my boiler room and switching off the Altech receiver. Even if I set my central heating to not come on by using my indoor thermostat, it comes on by itself at random points throughout the day. The boiler is a Baxi combi DuoTech and was serviced just under a year ago and works really well apart from this. This problem has occurred before and I was told it was resolved when the boiler was serviced, however it happened again and again.

Please could I have some help with my problem?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Sponsored Links
you will have to give us more information, pics are good we have no idea what type of system you have

I have taken pictures, they should be attached. I cannot take a photo of my whole boiler because it is in a really small room.

Attachments

• IMG_20201105_085455.jpg
    IMG_20201105_085455.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_20201105_085426.jpg
    IMG_20201105_085426.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20201105_085338.jpg
    IMG_20201105_085338.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 148
Sponsored Links
on the rear of both your Altech thermostat, and the receiver unit there are tiny sliding switches moving these changes the address, they both have to be exactly the same to talk to each other, they all leave the factory set the same, sounds like a neighbour has the same set up and it is talking to yours, , set yours up differently and see if that stops it, it is very easy to do , only takes a few mins , the installation instructions will tell you how to do it, nothing difficult in it but both units MUST be set the same

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back