central heating - filling the system help

That slotted screw is a valve - but it will spin round and round turning the water off and on so just tweak it a little and you should hear the water passing through.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I dont know why but it sounds like you have a service valve before the filling loop, open the loop and turn the screw driver slot and you will hear the water run when you have finished put the screw slot back where it was and close the loop.

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Tap on right is cold water in
Tap on left is feeding to C/H return
The screwdriver valve is open
Therefore, are the plastic bits turning the valve beneath?

I am now sat here with a little (big) grin on my face!! woohoo
i really cannot thank you enough!! never though this problem woulda got resolved over an internet forum but you cannot imagine how very pleased i am!

it was the the right hand tap - you was right (i was wrong!!) and i would never in a million years have checked that if it wasnt for you guys!
I am now going to go and fill the system back up and i am praying there are going to be no leaks!! but at least i can get a hot shower!!

one last question.. if i do get a leak, i'm not going to want to mess about taking valves off again now at this time of night... can i tempararily stop it in anyway or not? by turning the the valve in a certain direction or not?
having a sneaky feeling the front room radiator may get a slight drip because i struggled to get it on

Once your boiler is up to pressure and the rads are filled after venting, close the filling loop taps and the pressure should stabilise...if the pressure drops then there is a leak somewhere - but expect a slight rise in pressure if the central heating is on.
Any leak will stop when the pressure drops to zero.
Be lucky!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back