Central Heating Help Honeywell R6660D

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before i start i apologise if my questions are serious new boy questions.

Right...

So i have just moved into a property and we have a

Ferroli Optimax HE plus 31c boiler

Connected to this is a Honeywell R6660D relay box

We know the Relay box works, because if i switch green light on, our radiators fire up.

The problem starts with the programmable thermostat.

This is no where to be seen, i have looked high and low and can't find it any where in the house.

So my question is, can i purchase a new one and connect to the existing R6660D?? Or would i be needing to purchase a full kit??

We want a Thermostat that allows us to program it for day and night?? 7 day feature isn't compulsory.

So what are your recommendations??

Sorry for new boy questions, its just my first time at giving this a go.

Hope to hear back soon, thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links
I am pretty sure you can get just the wireless thermostat unit.

You will then have to go through a repairing procedure to get the reciever to recogise the new thermostat.

But it would be easier to just get a new cmt927 or 921 kit off the net (about £110- £130) and refit the whole thing.

Or you could try and contact the previous occupiers and ask then where the fook they hid the room stat ;)

Sponsored Links
The problem starts with the programmable thermostat.

This is no where to be seen, i have looked high and low and can't find it any where in the house.
It looks as if the previous owners have walked off with it.

I know it doesn't solve your immediate problem, but you should inform your solicitor so he can get it back for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back