central heating help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im new to the site and im wondering if any one can help me . I have a BG RC5 wireless thermostat and a BR1 reciever. My problem is the BR1 has no lights showing Aatall. i have hot water and i have replace the batteries on the thermostat but i cant seem to get any of the lights on the br1 , not even the red one can any one help me before i freeze :(

Sponsored Links
The receiver is mains powered so all I can suggest is to follow the wiring to see if there's a fuse connected somewhere in the power circuit and make sure the BR1 is properly seated on it's wall mount.

@jackthom just cheked tht no fuses between the main power on/off point except the one located in the casing , changed that still nothings thanks for your initial reply :D

try this

turn the power off at the fuse spur and remove batteries from stat
turn the spur back on, press and hold both buttons on the receiver until ya see the red light flash.
replace the batteries in the stat and check signal is being received by turning the stat up/down..

Sponsored Links
hi gaz just tried that still nothing :( im finking of giving in and phoning my landlord thanks for your reply :D

Now you tell us you have a landlord!

If you are up to date with the rent then ALWAYS call the landlord if there is any problem like this!

Everyone else does!

im up to date with my rent always have been , but i didnt want to bother him if it was as simple as changing a light bulb i will have to admit defeat as well :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back