Need help swapping Boss Therm for Honeywell timer & heating receiver

Just checking now and it’s exactly as you describe - top left goes to BR1 Top right to BUT2 backplate.

That sounds very easy… The black in T5 would just be removed along with the rest of the wires for BR1, where would the grey wire from T5 go?

Sponsored Links
That sounds very easy… The black in T5 would just be removed along with the rest of the wires for BR1, where would the grey wire from T5 go?
Sorry, I'm still thinking it through!

Actually, put the spare grey cable (from the BUT2) into the spare terminal 6 of the wiring centre and the grey wire from the BR1 (currently in with the Lives), into terminal 6 as well.

That way, the wiring to the BR1 can be utilised for the DT92E and the BUT2 wiring can be used by the ST9400C.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
After completing the above.
With the current BUT2 wiring to the ST9400C backplate,

Blue to N
Brown to L
Black to 3 (HW on)
Grey to 4 (C/H on)
Green/Yellow to Earth

And with the current BR1 wiring to the DT92E

Blue to N
Brown to L
Grey to A
Black to B

I hope that makes sense! :)

• Thanks
With the current BUT2 wiring to the ST9400C backplate,

Blue to N
Brown to L
Black to 3 (HW on)
Grey to 4 (C/H on)
Green/Yellow to Earth
Or utilise existing BUT2 backplate, move the black into terminal 3, grey into terminal 4 and connect other end with heating on connection, remove the live link to terminal 2 and then carry on for the wiring as you describe for DT92E?

Sponsored Links
Or utilise existing BUT2 backplate, move the black into terminal 3, grey into terminal 4 and connect other end with heating on connection, remove the live link to terminal 2 and then carry on for the wiring as you describe for DT92E?
Yup, would work perfectly - although the ST9400C backplate is a little bigger, so more aesthetically pleasing! :)

...and a Hive would still have been simpler! ;)

• Thanks
It’s slowly sinking in (sorry)

backplate :

So I’ll leave the current backplate in place for ease. N, L and earth remain as is. I don’t need anything in 1 HW off or 2 CH off, Black into 3 HW on and the unused grey into 4 CH on.

It’s slowly sinking in (sorry)

backplate :

So I’ll leave the current backplate in place for ease. N, L and earth remain as is. I don’t need anything in 1 HW off or 2 CH off, Black into 3 HW on and the unused grey into 4 CH on.
Yep, and remove the brown link wire currently between L and 2

Junction box :

Black wire from backplate move from 7 to 5 for HW ?
No, leave the black wire.
The Grey wire in with the Lives that currently goes to the BR1 moves to the spare terminal 6.
The spare grey wire that currently goes to the BUT2, also connects to the spare terminal 6.

IMG_4182.jpeg

Thank-you… gone for the more ‘aesthetically pleasing‘ wider backplate

I, kind sirs, have heating !!

IMG_4185.jpeg
IMG_4184.jpeg

Seriously, can’t thank you both enough, couldn’t stand another night of Mrs trying to warm her feet up on my back !!

quick celebratory beer while I figure out timing programming.

Brilliant, well done!
Thanks for letting us know it's working (so far anyway! ).

...and there's nothing worse than cold feet on your back :eek:, I'm glad we've saved you from the pain. Enjoy the beer :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back