Replacing a boss therm 2 port valve with honeywell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my plumber has replaced a defective boss therm BZV28 with a honeywell V4043 2 port valave on our central heating system. He does "do" electrics so has left the old boss therm dangling and still wired into to boss therm junction box. Our central heating now works but i have to move the honeywell manually. does anyone know which coloured wires from the honeywell go where in the boss therm junction box? (which goes to a boss therm controller)

Sponsored Links
He does "do" electrics so has left the old boss therm dangling and still wired into to boss therm junction box.
Presumably you mean that your plumber does not "do" electrics. ;)

Turn the power off and remove lid from junction box.

The colours of the wires in the old valve should be the same as in the new Honeywell valve. If so, just swap wires, keeping the same colours.

Replace lid

Turn power on.

Finito.

yes you are right - the wire colours are identical. I don't know why the plumber didn't connect them up - it was easy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back