Central Heating Humming

AL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, hope someone can help advise me.

6 months ago I replaced our Grondfos UPS2 central heating pump with a new Grondfos UPS3 after the old pump died after a decade of service. It was a simple unbolt and replace job - didn't change any plumbing. All I did beforehand was clean and flush the system.

Anyways all has been fine for the last 6 month until last week when we started getting a loud (gradually getting louder) humming noise resonating though all the pipes and rads. Listening at the pump it not that bad but obvs the slightest vibration is amplified by the pipework.

So what I want to know is:

* Is this early bearing wear?
* Is it likely to be my fault somehow or the UPS3's not as goos as the old red UPS2's?
* I don't wanna swap it for another UPS3 if the same thing will happen in another 6 months. Have I just been unlucky?

FYI - the pump still works fine and is pumping water, it's just noisy and the wife is on my back.

Cheers

Al

Sponsored Links
Just for test purposes, change the pump speed, you'll narrow the problem down then.
As CBW says, it may not be the pump.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back