central heating internmittant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone.ihave a Baxi solo boiler (not combi) that always delivers plenty of hot water but rarely adequate central heating.Ive noticed that if you remove power from boiler for a while and then switch back on the CH works but eventually reverts backto being a pain in the arse.Ive visually checked the operation of the 3 port valve and it appears to be working fine in all three instances,HW only, HW+CH, and CH only.On a few occasions ive found the boiler running when the programmer has been in the off state(not calling for CH or HW), which would tell me that the programmer is faulty or maybe the 3 port valve?Anyway a plumber told me that i should replace the boiler stat,which i did , to no avail.I started to think it might be the pump, but why is it ok when i turn the boiler on and off.Any ideas??????

Sponsored Links
Try the head of the 3 port valve.

When there is a HW/CH demand the HW is firing the boiler. This will give you some heat but when the HW stat is satisfied this stops the boiler working as the microswitch inside the head is kapooten!

What make is the 3 port valve??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back