Central heating leaking into hot water

I never said this was common practice
By implication, you did, because you said that it was conventional.

I merely stated that this was a way that an additive could have been introduced into the hot water system via a radiator purely from the way that I, personally have seen some heating systems installed on more than one occasion.
You're still wrong. It couldn't get into the primary circuit the way that you're describing it.

I don`t understand how that statement has caused you so much upset?
I'm not upset at all. I'm very happy pointing out that you're wrong.

You haven`t seen a heating system piped up in this way?
If that's a question, then the answer is yes, or no, depending on how you interpret your appalling grammar.

A mistake? Things change know all, it probably seemed a good idea at the time.
Only "probably"? Is your certainty wavering, perchance?

It`s obviously a lot more than you have seen, fellah
I might be a woman.

How was my advice misleading
Please see above, and above that, and above that....

you explain to me given the scenario I have put forward, regarding the additive entering the hot water system via the central heating system, where my advice was misleading?
Ditto.

I note that you were the latecomer to this topic, and that you are the one who isn't "with the programme".
I think you were later than me. What does that mean?
It means that you're confused, or that you haven't read the first page of the topic.

I've stated that you're wrong, which you clearly are, and you've refuted it,
Wrong about what exactly?
Wrong about the facts, and wrong about your analysis. Oh, and wrong about me. Just generally wrong, really.

If I`m wrong, tell me what it is and I`ll thank you for the information, so let`s all hear what it is I`m wrong about?
Again, please see above.

I think you are the Charlatan.
You're going to need a JCB if you dig any deeper.

Sponsored Links
I put the x400 into one of the upstairs radiators

It`s obvious to me now that you seem to be a fool, not really experienced in heating systems etc, you are probably a decent plumber, and good luck to you. You are completely out of your depth but you have been a good laugh. I hope I hear more from you soon, but maybe in th discussion forum where I believe your knowledge and skills are best suited. I would leave the plumbing and heating sections to the Professionals. All the best.

I`ll explain. By saying the additive had gotten into the hot water supply via a radiator my scenario may have been that it had been added via a radiator that a long time ago was connected to the hot water tank, simple as that. no one said at that point that there was an additive in all the rest of the radiators, it was a scenario put forward , by me, how the hot water could be contaminated, it`s a split coil anyway but let`s indulge you. ;)

I`m going to leave it here.
Now, can we please let it lie?
It`s obvious to me now that you seem to be a fool
Is this an example of how to "let it lie"? :D

You are completely out of your depth but you have been a good laugh.
Many have been here before you, and many more will come.

The art of diagnosing remotely is in reading all the words...

...added Sentinel x400 to the central heating. The problem I have now is that the x400 is in my hot water as well.
Sooner or later you'll realise your mistake. I can hardly wait for the penny to drop. You seem a decent enough person, so you might even apologise, but I won't hold my breath.

Sooner or later you'll realise your mistake. I can hardly wait for the penny to drop. You seem a decent enough person, so you might even apologise, but I won't hold my breath.

Tell me my mistake then I`ll apologise, bluffer, you are full of it.
;)

Sponsored Links
The problem I have now is that the x400 is in my hot water as well

YEARS AGO IN A LAND FAR AWAY THE BATHROOM RADIATOR WAS CONNECTED TO THE HOT WATER CYLINDER, NOW TWENTY YEARS DOWN THE LINE IF YOU DID NOT KNOW THIS, IN OTHER WORDS IF YOU DID NOT KNOW THAT YOUR RADIATOR IN YOUR BATHROOM WAS LINKED TO YOUR HOT WATER CYLINDER, YOU MAY INTRODUCE AN ADDDITIVE TO THAT RADIATOR THINKING THAT IT WILL GO AROUND YOUR HEATING SYSTEM WHEN IT WILL IN FACT JUST CIRCULATE BACK AND FORTH TO YOUR HOT WATER CYLINDER WHICH WILL IN TURN FEED YOUR HOT WATER TAPS THUS INTRODUCING X400 TO YOUR HOT WATER SUPPLY.

Tell me my mistake
Blimey, there are so many - where do I start? :eek:

no one said at that point that there was an additive in all the rest of the radiators
So how about the following three consecutive posts?

its not a little bit of x400 in the hotwater, its the same consistency as in the rads
Was the chemical added to your bathroom rad by any chance?
Here you go:

Jcb_804_Super_Excavator.jpg

Softus";p="1089989 said:
Tell me my mistake
Blimey, there are so many - where do I start? :eek:

You seem to be having a large party in your pants over my input and I am truly flattered by your attention. My advice was put forward and it seems it was a split coil anyway, thanks for keeping me entertained all night anyway it`s been a blast, take care Softus, I`ll be on for a while so I look forward to waffling with you shortly. It was a long haul but at least you know that you were wrong. ;)

2. The cylinder coil has perforated/split/holed, which means that you need to replace the cylinder.
2. The cylinder coil has perforated/split/holed, which still means that you need to replace the cylinder.
OP chances are your coil has split big style
Probably is a split coil as others have mentioned.
My [wrong, Ed.] advice was put forward and it seems it was a split coil anyway

Eventually, jamesdean picked up on the split coil.

I didn`t actually think that at all, I offered that it may have been what I suggested, I never implied that it was the answer, I just offered an opinion on what may have happened based on my own experience.
If you have never come across this situation yourself then so be it, I`m sure I have not experienced every heating system out there and how they work myself.

Now softus will enlighten us all about ``hot rods`` in regard to heating systems, how they work in relation to ravi valves which came into play in the way that which the systems were installed about 30 years ago, and how the hot water supply was heated via the central heating system without diverter/three/two port valves.
He may spoil us and talk about dampers and Elson tanks!

Pray enlighten us all softus.

Probably is a split coil as others have mentioned.
My [wrong, Ed.] advice was put forward and it seems it was a split coil anyway
I didn`t actually think that at all
In that case you suggested something that you didn't think, but it happened to be correct.

I just offered an opinion on what may have happened based on my own experience.
And your other suggestion was ridiculous - it could never been the thing that you suggested.

attempted hijack
:rolleyes:

And your suggestion was ridiculous - it could never been the thing that you suggested.

It was ridiculous to you because you have never obviously experienced a system installed in this way, instead of saying that you have never come across this you accused me of being ridiculous and a charlatan. I could tell you a lot more weird and wonderful ways that systems have been installed but what`s the point? There is obviously not a system installed in the world that you don`t know about, it was also very feasible for the hot water to be contaminated in the way that I had suggested.

Here`s one for you.

I went to a house last week because the customer complained of smelly hot water.
It was discoloured, conventional system and the week before someone had come out to poweflush and treat the heating system,

What say you on this? not a trick question because I was baffled, what would you do?

It was ridiculous to you because you have never obviously experienced a system installed in this way
Neither of those claims is true. Your suggestion was ridiculous, for two reasons, and by any standard of measurement.

instead of saying that you have never come across this you accused me of being ridiculous and a charlatan.
Not because such an installation doesn't exist, but because you got the answer ridiculously wrong, persistently refuse to admit it, and try to distract attention away from your error by pretending that I'm wrong.

I could tell you a lot more weird and wonderful ways that systems have been installed but what`s the point?
No point, because it would just be a p*ssing contest about who's seen the weirdest thing.

There is obviously not a system installed in the world that you don`t know about
Well you've changed your tune.

it was also very feasible for the hot water to be contaminated in the way that I had suggested.
No. It wasn't ever feasible. You think it was because you haven't read the words.

I went to a house last week because the customer complained of smelly hot water.
It was discoloured, conventional system and the week before someone had come out to poweflush and treat the heating system,

What say you on this? not a trick question because I was baffled, what would you do?
I would create a new topic instead of hijacking this one.

Not because such an installation doesn't exist, but because you got the answer ridiculously wrong, persistently refuse to admit it, and try to distract attention away from your error by pretending that I'm wrong.

I never claimed that I was right, in fact I already mentioned that you and someone else had answered the question. I have never persistently refused to admit that I was wrong, I don`t believe I ever said that I was right in the first place!

I merely offered an opinion based on my own experience is all. :rolleyes:

My synopsis wasn`t ridiculously wrong, it`s just that your experience, respect and humility is ridiculously little.

I've stated that you're wrong, which you clearly are, and you've refuted it,
Wrong about what exactly? If I`m wrong, tell me what it is and I`ll thank you for the information, so let`s all hear what it is I`m wrong about?
Tell me my mistake then I`ll apologise, bluffer, you are full of it.
I have never persistently refused to admit that I was wrong, I don`t believe I was right in the first place!
:idea:

I don`t believe I was right in the first place!

I meant that I don`t believe I ever said I was right in the first place

Slip of the keyboard, I apologise. :rolleyes:

Found out about a hot rod yet? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back