DIY heating cleaner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler saga! My Baxi 33 is 7 years old and stated making kettling sounds. British Gas replaced the heat exchanger but made no difference. They insisted it needed £1000 power flush! I’ve since added sentinel x200 as that works perfectly for about 6-8 weeks and noise comes back.
Can I add sentinel x400 cleaner and just leave in ? Will the mag filter collect the junk? If not is the a simple way to flush out the x400?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
No you can leave the cleaner in. The only one I know that you can do that with is Calchem. Maybe try an independent engineer?

Sponsored Links
Heat exchanger is brand new, system is only Noisey for about 10-15 mins then runs normally

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Yes, that’s the model
there is a filter in the return isolating valve that clogs up .
loads miss it and it only takes 5 minutes to clean .
Perfectly ok to leave 400 in it wont cause any issues
Might be worth changing the main sensor that sits in a dry pocket as it might be out of calibration stopping boiler modulating correctly , so no need to drain down takes 2 mins .

Might be worth bleeding air in loft as that can cause noisy start ups before the system starts pumping it around ( it then dissipates until next start when the air slowly returns to high spot.

Might be worth bleeding air in loft as that can cause noisy start ups before the system starts pumping it around ( it then dissipates until next start when the air slowly returns to high spot.
Bleeding air in loft? Not sure I understand

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back