Potterton Performa 24 popping / kettling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i have a Potterton performa 24, it has been making a noise like a popping sound after its heated up and the burner turns off, I think its what's known as Kettling. I have added some sentinel x200 to help reduce the limescale and seen that sentinel also do x300 and x400.

Could the popping sound be sludge?

Are x300 & x400 any good or basically the same stuff?

The boiler is 11 years old by the way. All the rads heat up fine, I have noticed the pressure does go up more than it used to, about 2.75 bar when fully heated.

Thanks in advance

:D

Sponsored Links
You will probably need some more powerful chemicals to make a real difference if your heat exchanger is sludged or scaled up. Kamco fx2 or fernox ds40 are both good, but they need to be used with care, and preferably with a powerflushing machine.

Also your pressure should not be going that high. You should check the expansion vessel and replace/ recharge as necessary.

Sentinal X800 is good as well can be used and flushed out same day.
Make sure you follow the manufactures instructions.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back