sentinel X400

God if BG advised this sorry mrs your boiler needs 12 quid spending on it so best rip it out everyone would be up in arms.

Pixey netaheat is a solid boiler go on for years don`t change it till repairs become uneconomical i earn my living from installing boilers and would never dream of advising anyone to change a boiler for such a minor thing

Sponsored Links
its not a matter of advising replacing the boiler its just being honest if a boiler is over 20 years old you can add x 100 200 300 400 all you like it ain't going to make much difference to noise, the customer is just waisting money. by all means keep the boiler they are good boilers and parts are still available.

oakland99 said:
ok 200 is different from 100 but still wasting money adding anything to a boiler thats over 20 years old,, it wont last long ..pointless, why advise anything else

unless your on a 5% bonus you wouldn't advise it would you!!!(that's if you care about your customers). Are BG still giving their gasmen a bonus for every power flush they sell>(or anything they sell actually) that can't be good practice can it?

FFS .And that the point your mising oakland x200 does make a difference it actually quietens down the boiler like t says on the bottle.

Sponsored Links
namsag said:
FFS .And that the point your mising oakland x200 does make a difference it actually quietens down the boiler like t says on the bottle.

i know what it says on the bottle but on a 20 year old boiler you would have to add it every year i don't see the point in doing that. the point your missing is im not saying replace the boiler or else im being relistic

do you get a bonus from everything you sell to a customer (are you even a gasboard employee)?

markplumb said:
unless your on a 5% bonus you wouldn't advise it would you!!!(that's if you care about your customers). Are BG still giving their gasmen a bonus for every power flush they sell>(or anything they sell actually) that can't be good practice can it?

I dont see anything wrong with giving anyone a bonus when they sell something.

Its only wrong when they sell something when its not required or the wrong solution.

Tony

Agile said:
markplumb said:

I dont see anything wrong with giving anyone a bonus when they sell something.

Its only wrong when they sell something when its not required or the wrong solution.

Tony

it all comes down to a point of view i suppose.

edit: and the fact some people will just try and sell some people something they don't need. for the extra wage they will get.

markplumb said:
oakland99 said:
ok 200 is different from 100 but still wasting money adding anything to a boiler thats over 20 years old,, it wont last long ..pointless, why advise anything else

what the hell are you on about...i wouldn't advise a powerflush for a noisy boiler because i would not g/tee to quieten it down, if a customer wants to add inhibitor they can but i would advise them there would be no g/tee in curing noise, i don't really care if the boiler is 20 ,25 or 30 years old i would say the same

markplumb said:
do you get a bonus from everything you sell to a customer (are you even a gasboard employee)?

still no BG answer, well we can take that as a yes then.

edit: lets all sell stuff so we can make our wages up. bad bad practice.

markplumb said:
markplumb said:

still no BG answer, well we can take that as a yes then.

edit: lets all sell stuff so we can make our wages up. bad bad practice.

edit: lets tell our customers to do things that cost money and wont work. bad bad practice

Calm down everyone. In my last post I said that after 24 hours the boiler is as quiet as a mouse - I am very pleased. I was only wondering if I could leave it as it is. The fact that any loosened sludge needs to be removed from the system makes sense, and I suppose that was the answer to my original question.

Thanks for all the replies.

pixey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back