central heating not shutting off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a friend who has just moved into a new house and he has found a problem with the heating. He has a loft conversion and has 2 zones for heating (downstairs and loft conversion) and says that it is a pretty new installation probably 12 months old or so. He doesnt know who installed the heating for the loft. The problem he's found is that upstairs hes got he stat set at 14 degress C and yet in the mornings when he checks the room temperature its reading anything up to 24 degrees and the rads are blazing hot. Im a builder and know a bit about plumbing but not quite sure whats up. Was thinking that maybe the returns are backfeeding? Or maybe the lockshields need closing down? Any ideas?

cheers Si

Sponsored Links
Oh right I'll let him know so he can get an electrician to have a look

No - don't

Otherwise the next post will be "I've had a builder that knows a bit about plumbing and an electrician who knows nothing about heating wiring look at my system, and it's still not working - confused"

Look for a plumber, with experience on heating wiring faults. Before he actually engages the plumber or heatig engineer, explain the problem, which will give the non experienced a chance to back out.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back