Central Heating not switching off when temperature is reache

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a gravity feed heating system, it is a pumped central heating and I'am not sure about the hot water side. The problem i am having is that the heating is on full heat, when ever it is on and my house is like an oven. My set-up is :

Boiler is oil fired ;- Boulter, Camray 5
Controller ;- Centaurplus C27
Thermostat ;- Drayton RTS1

The controller works and turns on and off when it is timed to and boost when asked too. The Thermostat clicks when turned, so i am at a loss as to why it will not turn off when the set temp is reached..

This was a problem to wards the back end of the winter this year when the thermostat stopped clicking and it heated to full heat all the time. I have replaced the thermostat and it still appears to be at fault.

Not sure if this is relevant but i read on another forum that if you remove the thermostat them turn the advance button on the controller on it all lights up and still fires, dose this mean there is a problem elsewhere?

Thanks

Rob

Sponsored Links
it was a new one fitted last week is there any way of checking it?

Sponsored Links
did you wire it correctly?

sounds like there is always a call for heat which probably means that the wiring is incorrect unless the switch is not working!

what thermostat is it and what was the original thermostat?

if there was no thermostat originally and it is a gravity HW and pumped heating system it is unlikely that it is a c plan system, therefore the boiler gets its signal to ignite from the HW on switch in the controller. if you add a roomstat to this type of system you should have wired it to control the heating pump on and off.

more info on your system please!

The thermostat that was replaced was the same make and type so i have not done anything to the wireing.

I dont have anymore info on the system... What do you need?

boiler type

thermostat make and model,

how you wired it / how was original wired

why did you replace old thermostat?

i apologise for some reason i did not see that! need glasses!

right, in that case is it possible that you can photo the stat without its cover on so we can see the wires and where they are connected to?

also, why did the original stat go faulty? was it the same fault?

i can only imagine that somehow either wires have been connected incorrectly, or there is a fault elsewhere, namely the new stat

althought the fault seemed to occur last winter also, with the old stat not clicking/switching , is it possible that you have connected permanent live to call for heat?

in this case, whenever HW/CH is on the pump will be running and so the rads will heat up.

does the pump run all the time?

are there any motorised valves in your setup?

we need to know if its a bog standard gravity HW pumped CH system, or a c plan or similar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back