Radiators still on when heating is switched off !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for your thoughts - any would be most appreciated...

Have a central heating system (in a tenanted house) with two actuators (valves)... I have recently had the whole system rewired (as it wasn't working property) with the exception of the wire to the thermostat.

All seemed ok, but the tenants have just been away for a week, and turned the heating off at the control panel while they were away - when they returned, it was still off at the control panel, but the radiators where on !! They have got the roomstat turned down to 10 degrees, but they are not turning off..

It is just two wires to the thermostat - am I wondering if it is worth replacing the wire to the Thermostat - when it was rewired, the heating responded to the Thermostat being turned on and off..

Have no idea if it;s an electrical, or plumbing problem, so any input would be great

kind regards

Sponsored Links
couple of bits to add, in the hope it might help..

Don't know the name of the boiler - very old hot water tank (long and thin)

Actuactors are Sunivic and were replaced about 6 months ago

Timer - I can't remember the name, have had a good browes and cannot find it - it has a clock face type set up, rather than electronic - again this was new about 6 months ago..

The Pump on the boiler was also replaced about 6 months ago

The tenants have just got a gas bill for over £300, for 2 months gas, which seems very excessive - 3 bed 1930 Semi

Sorry I don't have more info, had hoped I would find the timer details

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back