Central Heating Not Working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help. My central heating keeps going on and off for no apparent reason and I'm getting cold.

I have a Vaillant ecotec pro with a timeSWITCH 140. The boiler is set to be on and the thermostat is turned up but the boiler just doesn't come on. If I push the 'i' button it displays S30 No heating demand from external controls (clamp 3-4 open).

That said, it was on last night and seems to work on and off intermittently.

Could the thermostat bit bust? Is there any way to test that?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
sorry, I'm just a DIYer. Can you explain really clearly? i guess I should just pay someone to come out and take a look... Not good timing...

sorry, I'm just a DIYer. Can you explain really clearly? i guess I should just pay someone to come out and take a look... Not good timing...

Yes you should pay someone. What job do you do?

How experienced are you with heating controls? If you don't have the foggiest idea how they work then don't touch. But a professional will at least be able to keep you warm over christmas.

Thanks all. I got an engineer in. It was a faulty receiver. All sorted now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back