Central Heating Only Coping With Heating 3 or 4 radiators

Has this been resolved ? Anyway we had a similar problem a few years back - basically a lack of flow. It turned out to be an innocently looking anti-gravity valve. This looks like a 22mm connector usually just above the pump but inside this is a little brass disc that stops convection in the CH circuit when the pump is not on in the CH direction. The valve gets gunged up and flow is restricted. I just took out the valve and full flow was restored. Still running on the old Kingfisher cast iron boiler !

Sponsored Links
I used to have a Profile, and as well as a chemical clean and drain, I added a Magnaclezn.

I found it very satisfying to see that residual loosened sludge was captured for many weeks afterwards. The sludge gets disturbed every time you work on the system, and trapping whatever circulates reduces the risk that it will accumulate into a blockage.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back