central heating overflow.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a baxi solo 40/4 rs and everything was working fine until I drained the system and removed two radiators. Now the overflow won't stop dripping and I can't fathom the problem. I read on a website that it could be the pressure, so following the instruction I bleed a few litres of water out (from different radiators) and it practically stopped but started dripping again when I stopped bleeding. Its not the ballcock overflow as that comes out of a different pipe and the water dripping is cold not hot (some of other people's problems) my hot water and central heating are working with no cold spots on the radiators (thanks to all the bleeding!). Also, there's no pressure gauge to check the pressure. Please help.

Sponsored Links
You will prob have 2 tanks/cisterns in the loft. Have a look at the smaller of the 2. The ball valve in this tank is probably the culprit.

I have 1 tank above the immersion tank and the ballcock on there is working fine. I can't find any other tanks. I would look in the loft but I have flat roof dormas and the loft space is is about a foot high by a foot wide (in a triangular shape) so I don't think there will be room for one in there. I couldn't find it when I wanted to remove the radiators so I turned the mains supply off. Any other suggestion? Thanks for the speedy reply.

OK, have just checked and there IS a tank up there! Will get a ladder and check the ballcock first thing in the morning. Thanks again TCCHeating. :)

Sponsored Links
Quick update. I climbed up and pushed the ballcock to see how bad it was and it let out a flush of water and the oveflow has now stopped dripping! Must have been some build up blocking it that was cleared by simply pressing it down! Saved me money so I'm happy! Thanks for all your help and hope this is useful to someone else with a similar problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back