Central Heating Overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was in the garden and noticed water coming out the side of the house from the overflow i rushed in turned the water off went in the loft to find the water in the central heating header tank to be hot and overflowing what would cause this?? i only had a couple of rads on at the time

brett

Sponsored Links
Blocked feed pipe and pumping over of vent pipe. Common problems associated with sludge in system. Probably needs flushing and cleansing.

would i need a de-sludger? what would you recommend i do in this situation powerflush? or normal flushing of system

Hope it is what Chrishutt suggested.

Another expensive possibility is a holed coil in the HW cylinder but in this event turning the heating off would not stop F & E tank overflowing.

Sponsored Links
Could also be the cold feed and safety open vent pipe are incorrectly located in relation to the pump.

How long have you lived in the property?

Is it possible that this situation has been occuring all along?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back