Central heating pipes and rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im wanting to upgrade my central heating before I get a new boiler fitted .

What I have just now is 2 rows of 15mm copper pipe running under floor with no installation. (Flow and return)

From each piece it feeds 4 radiators from 1985 with microbore pipe , think its 8mm.

The boiler is having trouble pushing heat I presume as it comes on for a minute then turns on for a minute ( it heats 1 degree every hour)

Under floor I have a crawl space about 1.5 foot that I can get under . And 2 foundation walls that the microbore goes over to the rad.

I was thinking of replacing the flow and return with 22m, and using 15mm hep pipe to connect the rads .

The floor is laminate and tile, would (one part i can go down is under carpet.)
Would I be able to connect the 15mm pipes to the microbore pipe and pull them through from the top to the new pipe .

Sponsored Links
Depends how much free space there is, but bear in mind a 15mm fitting is about 25mm in diameter. Might be easier with 10mm? You'll need to do a special order for 8mm push fit online if that's what you want to use to pull it through though, as it's not available at most merchants

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back