central heating pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can I paint ugly radiator pipes in radiator paint until I can get them boxed in.

Sponsored Links
Bog standard oil based eggshell or gloss will suffice.

Sponsored Links
I dont know if all rad paint is the same but I painted something other than rad/pipes with it and it remained sticky so guess it needs baking to go off properly.?

I for one have never bothered with the so called "Radiator Paint"

Using an oil based gloss [or Matt if preferred] I let the Rad and pipes go cold, prep and paint then leave to fully dry generally 24 hours then turn on the heating again.

I find that the colour is good with no discoloration and I find this sort of paint works fine.

Just wondering if the paint formulation is indeed all that different between "normal" oil based paint and the more expensive "Rad paint"?

Ken.

Just wondering if the paint formulation is indeed all that different between "normal" oil based paint and the more expensive "Rad paint"?

Isn’t it an enamel paint? (Whatever that actually means.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back