central heating prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all I have a problem with my heating set up the system I have is a vaillent
eco max 613/2E boiler with room thermostat and a danfoss heating and water timer the sort with a dial and separate switches for water and heating if you want constant or timed etc.
Now the problem I have is with the heating, when on it doesn't seem to kick in, now i changed the motor on the valve with no joy. but i can get the heating to work when i pull across the bar on the valve itself and when its on this way and i toggle the thermostat it does turn the heating on and off like it should, however when using it like this when the hot water is on too, it seems to override the thermostat and the heating just stays on regardless of the stat telling it otherwise.
I was thinking of replacing the timer to see if that was the problem as the old one is dated anyhow but thought id see if anyone had any ideas
regards
Dan

Sponsored Links
It does not seem logical what you have described.

Unless your system is wrongly wired or the motor valve has a sticking switch or movement.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back