Central Heating problem.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
12 months ago I had to replace my 3 way motorised valve as it was faulty. That did cure the problem at the time but I have since had another issue.

I have a Halstead Best 40 Boiler, Lifestyle Thermostat and Lifestyle LP522 control unit.

I can set the control unit to switch the HW on and it works correctly. For some reason I cannot set the control unit to program the CH or use the 'advance' button. The only way I can get the CH to work is using the room thermostate which I can use to turn the heating on and off?

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
You dont say why you cannot program the CH.

Based on the little you have said the programmer would be faulty.

To be able to give pertinent advice we need a very detailed description of the symptoms.

Tony

Apologies....

I can set the control unit to turn on and off at specific times and the red light indicator does come on but the boiler does not kick in. Likewise with the 'advance' button - the red light does come on when the button is pressed but the boiler does not respond.The only way I can turn the CH on is to turn up the thermostat. Doing this instantly boots the boiler up and all the radiators heat.

My understanding Is i should be able to set the thermostat temperature to a specificed level. When the CH is programmed to come on it will heat the house to the specified thermostat temerpature. If I press the 'advance' button on the control unit my CH should come on regardless of the thermostat setting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back