No central heating!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there - I've just moved into a rented house, and for the first time want to turn on the central heating. The water is hot but no heating apart from 1 radiator, which comes on periodically.

I have a lifestyle LP522 timer, which appears to b e set correctly. There is a Lifestyle acl Mid Position valve near the hot water tank, and something called a Grundfos Type UPS 45-50 Selectric.

Sponsored Links
if you put the heating on on its own the boiler isn't firing up ?

their is a marker on the side of the valve with the letters W M H
what is it pointing to with heating only on ?

please describe the radiator valves and the room thermostat

if you can post photos of the pipes and valves around the boiler, cylinder and pump, and of teh progranner showinbg its settings, that will help

Which of the neons on the timer comes on?

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129539

as its a rented property the landlord must by law get the applaince checked for gas safety which involves checking the operation of the boiler and controls.

As your boiler is heating the water and 1 rad periodically i would check for air in the "off rads" and make sure the rad valves are not shut (if its recently been decorated) you could also check the trv pins.

failling that its most likely a problem with the mv so i would contact the landlord

Sponsored Links
With one rad coming on, my first thoughts go towards a badly sludged up system, unless the one rad is in the bathroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back