Central Heating Problems

Hope wesee doesn`t mention softas`s liking for heshee`s as he will get the topic locked

Sponsored Links
Seco i have nothing better to do nothing on telle so thought i would give softas a chance to do some baiting seeing as he is a master at it.

OK namsag - tell us: do you think weseeyou is who he claims to be?

Sponsored Links
By his comments on this post its a choice of someone who genuinely has not got a clue but believes he does or someone who is doing it for effect to get a reaction.
Not checked on his previous answers to decide

Tell a lie there is something on telle just caught the x factor pi#s take on ITV looks good,

So to try and get this topic back on track.

Which Grundfos pump would replace the Wilo Gold 60?. I was looking at the Grundfos Alpha+ 15/60. Would this be the direct replacement?.

I don't want to tinker with the pipe work until I have to. So will try the pump first. I think I have solved the 'ketteling' issue I have turned down the boiler a little and changes the cylinder stat. My guess is it was the cylinder stat.

Please bullet point any extra info you need.

Thanks again

Your guess is wrong cylinder stat will not affect it. your boiler stat is on the way out which you are choosing to ignore.
Direct replacement is the grundfoss 15/60. Not everyone likes the alpha and there are not many about.
Take you 5 mins to alter the motorised valves once drained its only a matter of undoing the nuts and turning them around

Any guess on how much a boiler stat is?. Just trying to work out if I change the pump as well then I some way to replacing the whole boiler with a new one.

What model of boiler do you have ,but most boiler stats only cost about twenty quid

might be in the instruction book on the back page.

IF your boiler has the little black knob on the front then it is a 2 part stat (sensor) one part fits into the boiler heat exchanger and then plugs into the board . This is the part that usually goes, The other bit is at the back of the knob and is known as a potentiometer and also plugs into the board both bits are cheapish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back