CENTRAL HEATING PROBLEMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a summer of using the boiler to heat water only i attempted to fire up the central heating this week only to find it would not'kick in' to CH. At the advice of local plumber I tested wiring in the airing cupboard junction box, found 230v on colours he told me (cannot remember which now) and changed the actuator valve on a Honeywell Y plan.

Still no luck, the boiler has kicked in once in the 8 hours i have been trying to sort problem but as sson as i turned the thermostat down it refused to come back on. i have been using a multimeter to check for voltage present but to be honest i am not sure which colour wires from pump/valve/thermosta etc i should be checking across. the lever on the valve stays in the middle position, however when i manually close the microswitch the lever comes over to the CH position but the boiler will still not fire. The only way i can make it fire is to turn the stat on the cylinder right up and manually pull the valve lever to CH. This still doesn't really get all the rads warm.

I would be very grateful for some advice please - or should i just call in a plumber.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back