Drayton mid position actuator fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon,
I was hoping someone could help me with a fault on my heating. I am only getting hw from the boiler, not ch. I have replaced the valve head but still getting the same issue. I have locked it in mid position and it then gives me both hw and ch. once I push the hw button on the control panel, the actuator lever goes back to the hw position fine. If I turn off the hw and start the ch, the actuator lever doesn’t move. If I manually move the actuator lever to ch, it stays in position but the boiler doesn’t fire up.
can anyone help please

Sponsored Links
That sounds like a job for an electrician with the right equipment I think.

Sponsored Links
I’ve checked none of the wiring has any loose connections but all seems ok. The system has been working great for years until a few days ago, hence why I thought it might just be a faulty actuator head, so all the correct wires should be in the correct place

I’ve checked none of the wiring has any loose connections but all seems ok. The system has been working great for years until a few days ago, hence why I thought it might just be a faulty actuator head, so all the correct wires should be in the correct place
you would be surprised how many people tell us that the system had worked perfectly well for years then we find the HW off has never been wired in , have a look and check, just turn the power off and remove the front part of your programmer and look, if there is a wire in the HW off terminal then just put the programmer front back on, your problem is elsewhere

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back