Central Heating programmer fuse keeps blowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am having problems with the 3amp fuse that is within the power switch that operates my central heating programmer. It was working fine and the programmer is less that a year old so when I discovered it had stopped working and the display had gone blank I took it back and exchanged for a new one. This did not solve the problem (obviously the programmer was fine), so I changed the fuse and it sorted it. That is until the heating kicked in when it blew the fuse again.
Can anyone help with what is causing this to happen, and how it can be fixed.
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Obviously a short circuit on the heating system mate, depends what type of system you have but the usual suspects are the pump or zone valve. Could also be caused by a slight leak onto either of the above so check that out. Ideall you need to get a CORGI eng in bud.

Thanks Guys, Not the answer I was hoping for but hey! I had the diverter valve replaced about 1 month ago, it was done by a corgi reg plumber but do you think it could be linked to this??

Sponsored Links
Could be mate, check for any signs of water around the valve. Water and electricity don't mix..............

As the guys have said look for a drip from pump valve etc that may be dripping into motorised valve

You guys are awesome. Just checked and there is water dripping around the valve so I think that your diagnosis is spot on. I'll get my plumber back in.
Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back