Central heating pump - combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I'm currently planning on a new boiler so trying to decide where to put things and free up space etc.

I've currently got a cylinder in the bathroom, along with the central heating pump and motorised valve(s) etc, boiler in the kitcken, cold and F&E tank in the loft.

My question is, with a combi boiler, ill be losing the hot water cylinder, will I also be losing the pump and valves or will these be required with a new combi boiler?

Sorry if its a stupid question. Don't panic, I'm not installing it, justvwantbto have in my head what's what.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The pump is in the boiler, diverter valves might be external

You can keep the existing hot water tank if it is fairly modern.
A modern system boiler will heat it.
In a system boiler the pump would be in the boiler so this dispenses with the central heating header tank in the loft and you have a sealed system.

You can also have a combi that will heat a hot water tank as the combi boilers are cheaper to buy than the system boilers due to mass production.
You don't have to use the hot water on demand of the combi.

Sorry this might confuse you more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back