central heating pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi......when I open the drain cock on my central heating system as long as I keep the header tank topped up is it permissible to run the pump, reason being I thought it might help to pump the sludge out of the radiators. Just a thought
mickcoulson

Sponsored Links
I know that the term Pump is used a lot but it is actually a circulator and not a pump, it wouldnt move any sediment if you did this, be carefull with what you are intending to do as your F&E tank is likely to have a lot of sediment in the bottom , dont draw that into your system , it will cause a lot more bother than help

Sponsored Links
I know that the term Pump is used a lot but it is actually a circulator and not a pump, it wouldnt move any sediment if you did this, be carefull with what you are intending to do as your F&E tank is likely to have a lot of sediment in the bottom , dont draw that into your system , it will cause a lot more bother than help
I cleaned out the F&E tank today

you would be better adding some cleanser and leave a few days then drain , flush everything out then add inhibitor if you want to do it correctly, but be carefull which clenser you use some are extremely aggressive and cause damage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back