CENTRAL HEATING PUMP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating pump has burnt out. There are no name plate details. How do I know what size pump I need. I live in 4 bedroom house with gas central heating?

Sponsored Links
As far as i'm aware the two most common pumps used and readily available are capable of pumping to heights of 5 metres and 6 metres.
The physical sizes ie 'thread size' and 'distance flange to flange' are these days all common. If your pump is old like mine the 'flange to flange' distance could be about 2ins bigger than todays standard.
This presents a slight problem and I overcame this by retaining the original pump body and using the motor /impeller from new pump of same make.
Since then I purchased 2 'adaptors' that extend the length of each flange about 1 in but have not yet needed to use them.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back