Central heating boiler and pump size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Central heating boiler and pump size

Does anyone know what size of central heating pump is needed to drive 13-14 radiators?
Does anyone know what size of central heating boiler is needed to drive 13-14 radiators?

At present the rads upstairs do not get the same heat as the downstairs, the old pump and boiler is going to be ripped out and a new one put in.
I will be getting a new boiler and pump fitted.
I will have an oil boiler with 15-20kw output

Sponsored Links
At present the rads upstairs do not get the same heat as the downstairs, the old pump and boiler is going to be ripped out and a new one put in. I will be getting a new boiler and pump fitted.
Are you having the new boiler fitted just because the upstairs rads do not get hot, or has the old boiler died and needs replacing in any case?

Has the system been balanced?

I will have an oil boiler with 15-20kw output
How was the boiler size determined.

I know that does not answer your question about pump sizing, but your description raised other questions which need answering first. In any case the installer should be able to size the pump correctly.

not getting a boiler because of this,i am getting a new extension put onto the house and the old boiler is 15years old and being replaced completly.
new pipe work, tank, pump the lot.

I got 15-20 kw from this web site

http://www.warmflow.co.uk/indoor_he_boilers.php

i reckon this is the boiler for me

i am doing some research at the minute, before the plumber calls so that i have some knowlege of whats hes talking about, in case he trys to blind me with jargon. would like to learn more about whether a better pump would get hot water to the top etc.

A 15-50 pump would normally be adequate if the boiler expects a flow/return differential of at least 15°C but that still depends on the pipework and radiator sizes.

But some installers would choose a 15-60 and that is not a big problem. All pumps would usually be operated on setting "2".

Tony

Sponsored Links
cheers agile,
forgive me for this but,
whats the difference between a 15-50-15-60 pump
and is the boiler a good choice

61sqft semi house
all but 2 are double rads

You can look on the Grunfoss web site.

The 15-60 gives a slightly higher "head" and is more suitable for systems over about 15-20 kW of heating power.

But the pump size also is also dependent on pipe sizes and heating layout.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back