heat only boiler sizing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello
we are looking at getting a new central heating system and want a second oppinion on boiler size we want a heat only boiler and our house has or will have 13 rads and looking at maybe a baxi solo or unless you could reccomend better
what are your reccomendations please

Sponsored Links
You need to calculate the whole house heat loss. D Hailsham will give you the links soon.

As a guide a three bed semi needs about 10-12 kW.

You only need to allow 2 kW for water heating.

Tony

ok thankyou, it is a 4 big bedroomed house im not after exact figure at this stage just roughly what boiler and size is likely to go in to give us a rough price

looking at it from a different perspective:

what is the output of your current boiler?

Does it keep the house warm enough?

On a cold night, is it running continually or does it cycle on and off?

If you run a bath on a cold night, do you notice the house getting colder for half an hour or so?

Sponsored Links
The heat requirement will vary greatly depending on loft instlation, double glass windows, solid or cavity walls or insulated cavity walls.

Typically 10-30 kW as there are so many variables.

I dont see that can be of any help. What do you want to achieve?

Tony

ok i see your point i will do the calculation to get exact requirement, i was just pricing up to get a ball park figure but may as well get exact figure
thanks agile

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back