Central heating filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have sludge in our hot water circuit on a system boiler. Central heating fine when switched to hot water sounds like a jet engine.

I want to fit an inline filter prior to the hot water cylinder any reccomendations on a Magnaclean or the fernox tf1?
I want to be able to add inhibitor into the system after.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What makes you think sludge is only on the HW circuit?

As above it would be unusual to only have sludge in your HW circuit, if you are installing a filter it has to be fitted as near to the boiler as is practical and on the return pipework, would be very surprised if your HW circuit was sludged unless it is an FEP or similar install

I have a chaff system boiler connected to a duo unvented cylinder.

The way the pipe work is set up the hot water circuit is almost separate
To the hearing circuit so you have the same old water circulating Round.

A neighbour recently had there hearing power flushed where the engineer
Could not flush the water circuit hence dirty sludge left inside.

These systems seem to be specific to where I live as a number of neighbours
Have the same system with the same problem.

A neighbour had a magnaclean fitted to the feed to the cylinder and after a while the noise went and the boiler stopped overheating in hot water mode.

The filter was cleaned and the crap that came out was unbelievable however the water from the rads were clean.

The chaff set up and problems are certainly unique and when engineers have
Visited they have just responded to the problems as its French without establishing what the faults are!

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back