CENTRAL HEATING PUMP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Need to pick your expert brains, I know a small amount about central heating systems, but not too much!! I am having a new system installed - gravity feed.

Plumber has nearly finished it but what I looked at the install so far the location of the pump doesnt appear to be in the correct location.

In the airing cupboard - on the boiler flow there first is a 15mm tee for cold feed then after that is tee for 22mm for vent then the pump, then off to 3 port valves etc.

I always thought it should go - vent cold feed pump

Am i right in saying that the way the plumber has installed it could cause problems of the pump sucking in air.

Will look forward to your replys

Thank you

Sponsored Links
You are correct.

And may I say you might now more than you realise. I have worked with engineers with 40 years in the industry and most of them had not grasped pipe configuration!

Stan

Thank you for a quick reply

Out of intrest is the design fault significant ie in theory it is installed wrong but would it suck air in to cause significant problems?

Thanks again

mmm the vent and feed must be more than 6" apart if he installed it like that.

I would ask him to change it as the chances of that configuration causing probs in the future is high.

Sponsored Links
Yes it will cause sucking in and constant air in the system will result in early corrosion and failure :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back